Do you love animals? Are you looking for a meaningful career? At the Jacksonville Humane Society, we believe that you CAN combine work with pleasure. If you are team-oriented, have a passion for animals and are available to work during our customer-friendly hours, we’d like you to consider our employment opportunities.
How To Apply
Download and complete our employment application. The application can be delivered to our human resources by scanning and emailing to email@example.com, fax at 904-725-3040, or mail our office (attention: Human Resources) for review.
Your application will be reviewed and considered for the open position for which you have applied. In the event that your qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position, you will be contacted for an interview.
The Jacksonville Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
JHS has a position available for an Adoption Counselor. The Adoption Counselor is responsible for assisting the public with appropriate adoption choices in a friendly, courteous and approachable manner.
- Facilitate the adoption process on-site at JHS or at off-site locations
- Transport of pets, crates, tables, supplies etc. to off-site adoption events
- Providing direction to volunteers assisting with adoption activities
- Complete adoption profiles
- Perform pet consultations
- Counsel new pet owners
- Organize adoption paperwork
- Walk and train adoptable dogs
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for the animals and the public
- Educate patrons regarding responsible pet ownership
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- 2-3 years of customer service skills in an office or retail business setting
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills and pleasant demeanor for interaction with customers, volunteers and staff
- Ability to work comfortably with and around animals following JHS procedures and protocol
- Organization skills, multi-tasking ability and the capacity for working well under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player and possess the ability to self-motivate
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and provide a positive company image at all time
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, climb and manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors in varying temperatures and climates
- This position will work with cleaning products
The schedule for this position includes weekend hours. Hours and days are subject to change based on department demands. All JHS positions require drug screening.