Do you love animals? Are you looking for a meaningful career? At the Jacksonville Humane Society, we believe that you CAN combine work with pleasure. If you are team-oriented, have a passion for animals and are available to work during our customer-friendly hours, we’d like you to consider our employment opportunities.
How To Apply
Download and complete our employment application. The application can be delivered to our human resources by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at 904-725-3040, or mail our office (attention: Human Resources) for review.
Your application will be reviewed and considered for the open position for which you have applied. In the event that your qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position, you will be contacted for an interview.
The Jacksonville Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
JHS has a full-time position available for a hospital technician with an emphasis on client services. The hospital technician supports the veterinary staff in ensuring quality veterinary care for all pets, supports education of clients on pet health, and ensures a safe and effective hospital environment. Areas of responsibility encompass client services, treatments, inventory and ordering support, hospital cleanliness and surgery support. The position ensures efficiency of appointments, surgery, treatments. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Radiology – technique, positioning, linking x-rays to patient files, observing radiation safety rules
- Office hours – weighing, temping, assessing, history, lab tests, vaccines, assisting veterinarians and technicians with restraint, prescription filling
- Treatment – IV catheters, phlebotomy, lab tests, radiology, nursing care, cleaning, feeding
- Surgery – induction, maintenance and recovery from surgery/anesthesia, patient record updates, safe animal handling, assistance in surgery as needed, cleaning/wrapping of used packs, opening of new packs/supplies, lab tests as required
- Experienced veterinary technician with a combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- At least two years’ experience as a technician in all aspects of hospital operations with an emphasis on office hours
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with interruptions in an energetic environment with the pressure of periodic heavy workloads
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and needs and solve them and/or communicate them appropriately
- Capability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Computer literate with knowledge in Microsoft Office and practice management software
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to build successful relationships with a diverse customer population
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekend and holiday hours. Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
Work Schedule The work schedule for this position includes weekend hours. This schedule is subject to change based on department needs. Holiday hours may occasionally be required.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds
- This position will work with cleaning products, and on occasion will be exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Exposure to hazards associated with aggressive patients
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship