Do you love animals? Are you looking for a meaningful career? At the Jacksonville Humane Society, we believe that you CAN combine work with pleasure. If you are team-oriented, have a passion for animals and are available to work during our customer-friendly hours, we’d like you to consider our employment opportunities.
How To Apply
Download and complete our employment application. The application can be delivered to our human resources by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at 904-725-3040, or mail our office (attention: Human Resources) for review.
Your application will be reviewed and considered for the open position for which you have applied. In the event that your qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position, you will be contacted for an interview.
The Jacksonville Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Hospital Veterinarian, Part-Time
Hospital Veterinarian, Part-Time
The Jacksonville Humane Society Animal Hospital has a part-time
position available for a Veterinarian. The Hospital Veterinarian ensures the highest quality of veterinary care and client education to the public within a high volume setting. Primary Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Provide wellness and medical care to owned pets. Diagnose, treat and control diseases and injuries and prescribe and administer medications and vaccinations as appropriate. Perform medical casework and treatments
• Maintain accurate records
• Educate clients about all aspects of pet health and care including sterilization in an effort to reduce pet-overpopulation
• Ensure appropriate medication is administered by veterinary staff as directed
• Advise, perform or oversee euthanasia
• Provide on-call services for animal emergencies when needed
• Keep updated on product knowledge including attending presentations and training
• Maintains appropriate licensing and complete required continuing education courses. Adhere to state regulations and organizational protocol regarding animal care, treatment, advocacy and the mission of JHS.
• Takes immediate action to address any safety concern or noncompliance of safety rules that could put an employee, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk
• Understand and communicate the JHS mission and services
• Other duties as assigned Qualifications:
• Current license in the State of Florida to practice veterinary medicine
• Must be effective at time management and able to deliver quality veterinary care in a fast paced, high volume environment with multiple priorities
• A minimum of two years clinic/practice experience preferred.
• Maintenance of malpractice insurance.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to be patient, courteous and work well under stressful conditions
• Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively with a culturally diverse staff, volunteers and community in a professional, pleasant, and respectful manner at all times
• Maturity with ability to use good judgment and display a professional manner Physical Requirements:
• Standing for extended periods of time
• Exposure to high noise levels
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Subject to animal bites and scratches
• Exposure to hazardous chemicals Work Schedule
• The schedule for this position includes weekday and weekend hours and a flexible work schedule. Hours and days are subject to change based on department demands. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.