Humane Society Pets
JHS Adoptable Pets.....Make Great Companions!
Thank you for visiting our website to meet some of the Jacksonville Humane Society’s one-of-a-kind pets! We have a wide variety of cats and dogs of all ages, breeds, sizes and personalities. Like the alumni above who have already found their new families! Browse our on-line pictures and profiles then please take the time to come by our facility to meet our adoptable pets. Sometimes it takes that face-to-face encounter to make that special connection with your new family member!
(Note: We adopt out a large number of animals on a daily basis, and therefore we cannot guarantee their availability. We make every effort to update these profiles at least once a day.
Current Adoption Programs & Events
Purina Pets for People!
They say that 60 is the new 40. But we believe that with a pet, it feels
more like 25. Why? Because pets have been known to provide multiple health benefits,
helping you feel young, healthy and full of life:
- Pets encourage you to go out and be social, making new friends and becoming more involved in the community.
- Pets encourage playfulness, exercise, and promote laughter
- Seniors with dogs go to the doctor less. Dogs are preventative and therapeutic against everyday stress.
- Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Pet owners have fewer minor health problems, lower medical costs.
- Studies show that cats can help make you feel better when you’re feeling down.
To help you experience the benefits of a pet, our shelter is part of a
special program created by Purina® that allows eligible adopters
age 55 and older to adopt a pet at no cost. For more information, visit us at: Purina Pets for People!
So, what do you have to lose? Come find your new companion today!
| || |
Back in Black.....is Back!
November 1st thru 30th
JHS black or mostly black cats, kittens and dogs can be adopted for $25!*
Did You Know?
* In Scotland a black cat appearing on your porch indicates future prosperity
* Hindus believe owning a black dog will bring good luck
* In the 18th and 19th centuries a fisherman’s wife would seek out black cats to help insure her husband’s safe return
* In Japan single women believe owning a black cat will bring many suitors
| || |
We know they are overlooked but also know they are Special in many, many ways! While we cannot promise good luck, prosperity or a marriage in your future we can promise our most overlooked pets will provide companionship and love that knows no bounds!
PS: November 21 thru 24 adopters dressed All in black can take a black/mostly black cat, kitten or dog home for $0 adoption fee!*
* Other fees may apply; puppies excluded.
Three is Free!
At JHS all pets age three years or older can be adopted for FREE!
They are wiser .....
aged to perfection .....
know what they want out of life .....
and are companions extraordinaire !
Visit us today to meet your new best friend.
(Additional fees may apply)