Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Jacksonville Humane Society! We look forward to having you volunteer.
Before you go any further, please note that to volunteer at the Jacksonville Humane Society you must:
- Be at least 16 years of age. No exceptions. Not even with a parent.
- If you’re under 16, please click the Kids under 16 button below to learn more about how you can get involved with JHS.
- Be able to squat, bend, stand for long periods and be able to lift 25 lbs-50 lbs independently. The lifting requirement varies by role. To work with animals you must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
- Commit to volunteer at least once a week for the first 3 months of volunteering (Approximately: 3 hours per week).
- Pay the $25 program fee. This includes a volunteer t-shirt, name tag and helps defray JHS program expenses.
- Volunteer service through the volunteer program CANNOT be court-ordered. For information regarding our court ordered program see below.