Unfortunately the JHS pooch park is closed due to safety issues until we can build our new facitilty. However, there are a number of dog parks located in town and the beaches that can provide hours of playtime for you and your pooch!
Leashed dogs are permitted on the following beaches in Duval County:
- Atlantic Beach, Dogs allowed year round, before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Huguenot Memorial Park, Dogs are allowed in the campsite area only and must not be left unattended at any time. Dogs are not allowed on the beaches at any time.
- Jacksonville Beach, Dogs allowed year round, before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Katherine Abbey Hannah Park, There is a 2 dog limit. There is a $1 entry fee (before 10 a.m.) $3 after; annual passes are available for a reduced rate. The park is open from dusk till dawn, year around.
- Mayport Naval Air Station, Dogs are permitted on the beach until dusk and as long as visitors stay north of the area near the Navy Marine Corps Relief building.
- Neptune Beach, Dogs are allowed year around, before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
Check out these dog parks:
- Confederate Dog Park, (956 Hubbard St., Jacksonville) Springfield, free to the public.
- Dog Wood Park of Jacksonville, membership-only.
- Julington Creek Animal Walk, membership-only.
- Paws Dog Park at Wingate Park, free to the public.
- Poochies Swim and Play Park, Inc., Inc., membership-only.
- Timucuan Ecological and Historical Preserve, free to the public.
- Treaty Park (1595 Wildwood Dr., St. Augustine), free to the public.
- Veterans Park (1332 Veterans Prkwy., St. Johns County), free to the public.
Many membership-only parks also offer day rates; check each site for more informatoin.