SNAP – Spay And Neuter Programs @ JHS
Thanks to a generous grant from Petsmart Charities, our low-cost animal hospital is now able to offer FREE spay/neuter services to cats under 1 year of age in Duval County, now through March 31st.
- Spay/Neuter for cats and kittens
- Rabies vaccine (the vaccine is covered, the city license is a $20 fee)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will I to have to pay anything? A rabies vaccine will require you to purchase a city license (rabies tag) for $20. This fee is waived for citizens who are 100 per cent disabled or over the age of 62, according to city of Jacksonville policy.
- What kind of pets are covered? This program is for cats and kittens only.
- What if I have more than one pet? This program can be used for more than one pet! There is not a limit.
- How do I qualify? All residents in Duval county now qualify.
- I qualify – how do I make an appointment? Call 493-4611 to make an appointment. If we are unable to answer, please leave a message and we will call back.
- What do I need to bring with me? If you have past paperwork from a veterinarian for your pet, we would like to see it. If not, please just make sure you bring yourself and your pet!
- Where do I go for the veterinary care? All services are provided at our animal hospital – 8464 Beach Blvd. in Jacksonville, FL 32216.
- What if I don’t live in Duval County? Can I still get veterinary care for my pet at JHS? Yes! Our community animal hospital is open to the public and provides low-cost services with no residency or income requirements. Click here to see a list of services and prices. Call 493-4611 to make an appointment.